Basic principles for restoring in-person services
As the SFU Library gradually restores some in-person services, we are following these basic principles:
- Our top priority is safety: for students, faculty, SFU staff, and Library employees. We follow SFU guidelines, which are informed by provincial guidelines.
- Services must be aligned with and support the university's overall plan (SFU COVID-19 impact scale) as operations resume on campuses.
- We give priority to Library services that support teaching and research.
- When making decisions about services we will take into account:
- Demonstrated needs of users
- Our capacity, including staffing, to deliver the service
- Local operations, while aligning services across all locations where possible
- The need to coordinate between library divisions, and between the Library and other parts of the University.
- As physical distancing continues to be important, we will continue to engage students and researchers virtually and provide online services as much as possible.
- Library decision-makers will remain flexible and respond to issues as they come up.
Suspending onsite services once restarted
As SFU guidelines and the University's overall plan (SFU COVID-19 impact scale) changes, we may need to suspend or adjust services.
More information and updates
These principles are a living document and may be updated.
For the latest information about Library services, see Library service updates during COVID-19.