What is the availability of Study Rooms in the Library?Published by Dipa Barua
Q: What is the Library Study room availability and booking requirements?
A: If you've completed all degree requirements except your thesis, you may be eligible to book a lockable study room at the WAC Bennett Library on the Burnaby campus. The study rooms have small windows that look over Convocation Mall.
Study rooms are available for master's or doctoral students writing their theses under the following conditions:
- the student has completed all degree requirements except the thesis;
- the student will be registered full-time; and
- the student will not be employed at the university (other than as a TA/TM or RA)
Reminder: Study rooms are intended for students in the final writing phase of their thesis dissertation and who are intending on spending a significant amount of time using library resources. Additionally, students who have used a room for one or more terms will have low priority for future use.
The Library Study Room Application must be completed by you and your senior supervisor to be considered complete. Incomplete applications may not be accepted. Please submit your application by the application deadline below to the Office of Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Fellows (MBC 1100) http://www.sfu.ca/content/dam/sfu/dean-gradstudies/currentstudents/Thesis/Library%20Study%20Room%20Application.pdf
- Fall 2014: Application period has closed
- Spring 2015: application deadline is Friday, November 14, 2014