What's on display?
This exhibition features a selection of diaries and notebooks from across Special Collections and Rare Books. It explores different genres of diary, including travel diaries, diaries by incarcerated people, poetic diaries, dream diaries and everyday diaries.
Included in the exhibit are items from the following:
- a poetic diary from poet Fred Wah's archive
- a travel diary and scrapbook from journalist Harrison Brown's fonds, documenting his 1937 visit to China
- prison diaries kept by a 'Son of Freedom' from the Doukhobor collection
- a travel journal with polaroid photographs from playwright Betty Lambert's fonds
- a prison account from 71-year-old activist Betty Krawczyk's fonds
- detailed, daily diaries from the Allan Grant and Ethel Moxon collection, and
- a dream journal from writer Mary Billy's fonds
Contact for further information
For more information, contact Special Collections and Rare Books at email@example.com