This workshop is in the past and registrations are unavailable.
All times are Pacific Time Zone (Vancouver, BC, Canada).
Are you a returning SFU student who has been studying remotely? Are you wondering:
- What it is going to be like to transition to on-campus classes?
- How to learn in a huge lecture theatre?
- How you'll be able to participate in in-person class discussions?
- How to deal with exams that aren't online / open book?
The Student Learning Commons is with you every step of the way as you transition to on-campus classes.
Join us on campus at the Student Learning Commons (separate events in Surrey and Burnaby) to learn about the answers to these questions and how we can support you throughout the term. The event will include a presentation, a scavenger hunt, and the opportunity to ask questions of SLC staff as well as students who have attended SFU in person. Bring your phone, laptop, or tablet - as if you wouldn't - to participate fully.
As a bonus, you will:
- Get the chance to connect with like-minded peers who are experiencing this transition with you, and
- Gain access to a Canvas course full of resources, including all the content from our popular 'Getting Ready for Academic Success' 4-day workshop.
We are keeping attendance at each workshop session small, for your safety and comfort. Hope to see you there!