SLC Graduate Facilitator, Daniel C. shares his thesis statement tips with us in a video!
In Common: The SLC blog
Writing and Learning Peer Molly M. shares 9 practical tips to help you navigate remote learning in the summer 2020 term.
If you have tips of your own to share, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
SLC Graduate Writing Facilitator Kate E. invites folks to join her for the Write OUT program -- a joint initiative of the Student Learning Commons and Out On Campus.
Summer WriteOUT! sessions will include tips and tricks for:
- Time Management (June 8th)
- Writing Logically and Cohesively (June 15th)
- Offering and Receiving Feedback (June 22nd)
- Writing for Different Audiences (June 29th)
- Making your Writing Interesting (July 6th)
- Writing in English as an Additional Language (July 13th)
- Respecting Writing in Different Disciplines (July 20th)
- Descriptive and Creative Writing (July 26th)
All sessions are 11-1pm on Mondays.
By Daniel Chang
PhD candidate and SLC Writing Consultant Daniel Chang welcomes you to the summer 2020 semester and offers some important reminders for how to get the most out of this term.
By Dr. Amanda Goldrick-Jones, SLC Writing Services Coordinator
Are you a grammar geek? Do you want to become one? Do you just want to learn more about English grammar?
Welcome to Grammar Camp! Grammar myths will be busted, grammar truths will be shared, and grammar knowledge will be quizzed.