Former SLC English as Additional Language Peer Bessie W. returns with tips and tricks for writing a professional email. Just in time to help you reach out to your professor or TA to get clarification on those first assignments...
In Common: The SLC blog
SLC Graduate Writing Facilitator Kate E. invites folks to join her for the Write OUT program -- a joint initiative of the Student Learning Commons and Out On Campus.
Summer WriteOUT! sessions will include tips and tricks for:
- Time Management (June 8th)
- Writing Logically and Cohesively (June 15th)
- Offering and Receiving Feedback (June 22nd)
- Writing for Different Audiences (June 29th)
- Making your Writing Interesting (July 6th)
- Writing in English as an Additional Language (July 13th)
- Respecting Writing in Different Disciplines (July 20th)
- Descriptive and Creative Writing (July 26th)
All sessions are 11-1pm on Mondays.
Perhaps you are starting to gear up for term paper writing? If so, you might be wondering when you are REALLY supposed to be using commas...
SLC Writing Coordinator Amanda Goldrick-Jones, PhD, returns to help us understand that common piece of punctuation, the comma... and maybe, just maybe, how to save our relationships?
Award-winning poet and SFU Communications student Natalie Lim guest blogs for In Common this week!
Check out Natalie's top tips for how a creative writing practice can help strengthen your academic papers. As a bonus, Natalie offers some fun and helpful writing exercises to try out!