Ending a sentence in a preposition is something up with which I will not put! Let’s talk about that infamous Latin grammar rule and scenarios where you won’t be able to not end a sentence in a preposition (yikes, a double-negative too)!
In Common: The SLC blog
Former Writing and Learning Peer Deeya B. is back with an ongoing, occasional series about revising your work, with a specific focus on grammar. This series is part of the larger blog feature "Grammar Camp."
In this post, Deeya focuses on the use of articles ("the" and "a(n)") and how to self-edit your writing with an eye to your article use.
Writing and Learning Peer Molly M. shares 9 practical tips to help you navigate remote learning in the summer 2020 term.
If you have tips of your own to share, get in touch with us at email@example.com
SLC Graduate Writing Facilitator Kate E. invites folks to join her for the Write OUT program -- a joint initiative of the Student Learning Commons and Out On Campus.
Summer WriteOUT! sessions will include tips and tricks for:
- Time Management (June 8th)
- Writing Logically and Cohesively (June 15th)
- Offering and Receiving Feedback (June 22nd)
- Writing for Different Audiences (June 29th)
- Making your Writing Interesting (July 6th)
- Writing in English as an Additional Language (July 13th)
- Respecting Writing in Different Disciplines (July 20th)
- Descriptive and Creative Writing (July 26th)
All sessions are 11-1pm on Mondays.
By Daniel Chang
PhD candidate and SLC Writing Consultant Daniel Chang welcomes you to the summer 2020 semester and offers some important reminders for how to get the most out of this term.