Former SLC English as Additional Language Peer Bessie W. returns with tips and tricks for writing a professional email. Just in time to help you reach out to your professor or TA to get clarification on those first assignments...
In Common: The SLC blog
Former Writing and Learning Peer Grace L. reflects on her experiences with remote learning in the summer 2020 semester. She offers tips to help you set and maintain boundaries to support both your academic success and your health and well-being.
We wish you the very best for this new kind of learning adventure and hope that these insights from the summer semester can help you get set up for success!
Writing and Learning Peer Molly M. shares 9 practical tips to help you navigate remote learning in the summer 2020 term.
If you have tips of your own to share, get in touch with us at email@example.com
SLC Graduate Writing Facilitator Kate E. invites folks to join her for the Write OUT program -- a joint initiative of the Student Learning Commons and Out On Campus.
Summer WriteOUT! sessions will include tips and tricks for:
- Time Management (June 8th)
- Writing Logically and Cohesively (June 15th)
- Offering and Receiving Feedback (June 22nd)
- Writing for Different Audiences (June 29th)
- Making your Writing Interesting (July 6th)
- Writing in English as an Additional Language (July 13th)
- Respecting Writing in Different Disciplines (July 20th)
- Descriptive and Creative Writing (July 26th)
All sessions are 11-1pm on Mondays.
By Daniel Chang
PhD candidate and SLC Writing Consultant Daniel Chang welcomes you to the summer 2020 semester and offers some important reminders for how to get the most out of this term.