Asking for feedback for your writing sounds great. But how do you do it? How do you know what helps and what doesn't?
In Common: The SLC blog
SLC Graduate Writing Facilitator Kate E. invites folks to join her for the Write OUT program -- a joint initiative of the Student Learning Commons and Out On Campus.
Summer WriteOUT! sessions will include tips and tricks for:
- Time Management (June 8th)
- Writing Logically and Cohesively (June 15th)
- Offering and Receiving Feedback (June 22nd)
- Writing for Different Audiences (June 29th)
- Making your Writing Interesting (July 6th)
- Writing in English as an Additional Language (July 13th)
- Respecting Writing in Different Disciplines (July 20th)
- Descriptive and Creative Writing (July 26th)
All sessions are 11-1pm on Mondays.
Award-winning poet and SFU Communications student Natalie Lim guest blogs for In Common this week!
Check out Natalie's top tips for how a creative writing practice can help strengthen your academic papers. As a bonus, Natalie offers some fun and helpful writing exercises to try out!
By Daniel Chang
PhD candidate and SLC Graduate Writing Facilitator Daniel Chang offers some important reminders and tips to help take you through the end of the Fall 2018 academic term.