Designed for undergraduate students for whom English is an additional language (EAL), this workshop series focuses on language strategies for writing essays for university. Students will learn how to:
- identity critical argument structure in an academic text
- practice expressing a cautious stance using critical thinking skills
- recognize the limitations of their own arguments and consider counter-arguments and opposing views
- practice writing counter arguments and rebuttals
- make effective connections between ideas
- write a complete academic essay
There is no fee for the workshop, but the cost of the required textbook is $40. Required textbook: Academic English: Skills for Success by Legg, et al. Textbooks will be distributed on the first day of class.
No upcoming instances of this workshop found.