This 3-day event will take place online. A Zoom link that can be used for all sessions will be sent to registrants.
Do you want to learn proven strategies and effective tips to succeed in your courses? Are you feeling concerned about the unique challenges of learning online? This three-part workshop series is specifically designed to help undergraduate students kick start their remote learning success!
Whether you are a current student, just coming from high school, transferring from college, or returning after some years away, you won't want to miss this FREE three-part academic success workshop offered by the Student Learning Commons to help you kick start your (online) semester!
Come and get ready to:
- Develop the time-management habits necessary for success as a remote university student (session on Thursday January 7).
- Maximize your effectiveness in online live or recorded lectures, reading, and studying (session on Friday January 8).
- Research and write university-level papers (session on Saturday January 9).
- Connect with like-minded students from across SFU.
As a bonus, you will also get access to the content from our fall Getting Ready for Academic Success week-long workshop series, including:
- A recording of a panel of SFU professors talking about how they have designed their online courses, assignments, and exams.
- A recording of a panel of successful upper-division students sharing their strategies and answering questions about attending SFU online.
- Canvas modules that recap all of the content provided in the three-part workshop series.
If you attend all three sessions, you are eligible to receive Co-Curricular Record credit for your participation.
Technology requirements: Reliable internet, speakers, and mic. Webcam strongly recommended.
Questions? For more information about Kick Start Your Academic Success - Online!, please contact email@example.com.