Graduate students are always encouraged to publish but often without really knowing what that means or how to start. This workshop will focus on navigating the peer review process and will also touch on the topics of open access, working with an editor, and co-authorship. It will include a discussion of copyright transfer agreements and licenses and provide insight into publishing venues for assuring your research has the best possible visibility, accessibility, and impact.
A few questions this session will help to answer:
- How does the publishing cycle work?
- How can you assess potential publishing venues?
- What is peer review and how can you respond to reviewer comments?
- What rights can you retain to your published research?
- What are predatory publishers and how can you avoid them?