During COVID-19, Research Commons' services continue.
SFU graduate students are encouraged to book consultations with the Research Commons staff and partners. Consultations are available by phone, via email, or through online video-conference.
Not finding what you're looking for? Please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can discuss your research support needs.
- Import data from a CSV or text file
- Extract and create columns in a data frame, and filter rows according to different conditions
- Write an R script that can run on its own without manual user intervention.
By the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- Use the primary dplyr functions for selecting, mutating, filtering, summarizing, and re-ordering data
- Recognize existing complicated base R code blocks and simplify them down using dplyr
- Use tidyr (a tidyverse package) to easily reshape data both to and from long and wide formats.
Week of Workshops is sponsored by SFU’s Big Data Initiative
File attachments / images
Register for upcoming workshops
No upcoming instances of this workshop found.