In this beginner's introduction to Git you will learn the basics of working with Git version control from Linux command line. We will start by cloning a remote repository and will use it to collaborate on an article, where each participant contributes a few lines of text and merges it into the project.
- No need to install Git on your machine, as we will be using a remote Linux system. We will not be using GitHub, so no need for a GitHub account either.
- However, you will need to bring your laptop with wireless access and with a remote secure shell (SSH) client installed:
- If you are on a Mac or Linux laptop, you already have it installed.
- If you are on Windows and don't have SSH installed (or don't know what it is), please install the free edition of MobaXterm from https://mobaxterm.mobatek.net/download.html.
- We will provide guest accounts on a remote Linux machine.
- We assume no previous knowledge of the Linux command line or version control.
Register for upcoming workshops
No upcoming instances of this workshop found.