Head, Research Commons
Community Scholars Librarian
The Community Scholars Librarian leads a program that liaises with nonprofits and charities around access to scholarship.
Heather De Forest, Community Scholars Librarian is on leave in 2019/2020.
Digital Scholarship Librarians
The Digital Scholarship Librarians support researchers at all levels who are engaged with digital humanities through project consultations, digital skill development workshops, and the Library's resources in digitization and project hosting. The Digital scholarship Librarians are also responsible for administering SFU's Open Access Fund and supporting researchers with scholarly communication.
- Digital Humanities (DH)
- DH tools / software training and support requests
- DHIL Digital Fellows
- Grant consultation for digital project support
- Research impact, research metrics, and bibliometrics
- Online research profiles, scholarly networks, researcher visibility, and knowledge mobilization
- Tableau for data visualization
- ORCID Institutional Membership
- Co-ordinates programming for faculty
- Open Access Fund
- Funder OA requirements, publication venues, author rights
- New forms of scholarship / dissemination
* For questions related to OJS or the PKP suite, please contact Kate Shuttleworth in the Digital Publishing Division.
Rebecca Dowson is on leave through 2021.
GIS & Map Librarian & Liaison Librarian for Geography
The GIS/Map Librarian supports researchers from all disciplines using GIS and maps in their work through consultations, workshops, and developing the Library's geospatial data and map collections. This librarian also serves as the liaison to the Department of Geography at SFU.
- Liaison to Geography
- Accessing geospatial data
- Access to GIS software (ArGIS, IDRISI, QGIS, etc.)
- Oversees GIS graduate peer facilitator
- Access / use of print map collection
- Manages access to Esri Virtual Campus courses and ArcGIS Online
- Raise awareness of use of GIS in research and GIS services offered by the library
Julie Jones is on leave through January 2020
Research Data Services Librarian and Librarian for Government Information
Crystal Yin - Government Information
Sarah Zhang - Research Data Management
- Research data management support including data curation, data management planning, data deposit in SFU Radar
- Providing access to data resources
- Support in navigating and accessing government resources
Carla Graebner is on leave through September 2020.
Research Commons Librarian
The Research Commons Librarian coordinates programming and services for graduate students and postdoctoral fellows across disciplines.
- Thesis Boot Camp & reBoot
- All in a Day workshop series.
- Qualitative data analysis software (NVivo)
- Citation management (Zotero and Mendeley)
Assistant for Theses
Dave Chokroun is on leave.
The Research Commons' Library Assistant provides administrative support for the Research Commons and supports Thesis formatting and submission.