SFU Library's Research Commons partners with faculty, graduate students, and postdoctoral fellows to build capacity, community and expertise across disciplines.
Visit the Research Commons
The Research Commons contributes to the ongoing success of SFU’s graduate researchers by providing a comfortable and inspiring space and offering services which directly support research.
The Research Commons is located on the 7th floor of SFU Burnaby's W.A.C. Bennett Library and is equipped with:
- wireless access
- bookable group consultation rooms
- areas for discussion and relaxation.
The Research Commons is the home of Graduate Open Writing Lab and Thesis Boot Camp.
Door entry code
Access to the Research Commons is restricted, by a door access punch-code, to current graduate students, post-docs, faculty, staff and other researchers.
Graduate group rooms
Group study rooms are available to graduate students during W.A.C. Bennett Library's open hours.
- Research Commons Graduate Group Rooms are for current SFU *Graduate Students* only, by punch code access.
- Only book a room for the time you need.
- Cancel your booking if no longer required.
- Each group may book once per day for a maximum of 2 hours.
- Rooms are only available for booking up to 14 days in advance.
- Rooms without bookings are available for drop-in use.
- Booked rooms not occupied within the first 10 minutes are available for drop in use for the first hour; the original booker may claim the second hour.
Please contact staff (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions about Graduate Group Room bookings.