- An introduction to Data Visualization best practices
- Getting started with Tableau:
- Saving and publishing
- Static charts
- Interactive charts
- Stacked bar charts
- Highlight tables and heat maps
- bring your own laptop and power cord
- install Tableau Public on your computer BEFORE the workshop begins. Detailed instructions for installing Tableau Public can be found here
Instructor: Chad Skelton
Chad Skelton, an award-winning data journalist, is a consultant and trainer based in Vancouver. Chad worked as a data journalist at The Vancouver Sun until 2015. In 2014, Chad won an international Data Journalism Award for his portfolio of work in the previous year. He has received the Jack Webster Award, British Columbia's top journalism prize, six times. Chad created The Sun's public-sector salary database, which has received more than 20 million pageviews, and has built popular interactive tools on everything from commuting patterns to income inequality. He also made a Twitter robot that checks court judgments (@BCCourtBot). Chad has been an instructor at Kwantlen Polytechnic University since 2005, where he teaches the popular Citizen Journalism (JRNL 1220) and Data Visualization (JRNL 4165) courses.
No upcoming instances of this workshop found.