Tableau is a data visualization tool that can help you analyze your data and illustrate the patterns and insights behind them. This interactive workshop will introduce researchers to Tableau Public, a free access version of Tableau.
You will leave this workshop with an understanding of how to:
- connect datasets to your Tableau workbook;
- create a variety of basic chart types (including bar charts, line graphs, and maps);
- use Tableau's built-in analysis features, like reference lines, trend lines and calculated fields; and
- publish and share publication-quality interactive charts and graphs.
Requirements: Participants will need to bring their own laptop and charger. Before the workshop, please download and install the latest version of Tableau Public to your laptop.
- This workshop is not catered. You will get a 60-minute break at approximately half way through the session.
- This workshop was previously split into two Research Commons workshops: "An Introduction to Using Tableau for Data Visualization" and "Doing More with Tableau for Data Visualization". If you have taken both of these Research Commons workshops, then you will find the material redundant.
|Data visualization with Tableau: The painless, programming-free way to build charts and graphs : 2019-11-06||Vancouver, Harbour Centre, Rm 7400||Wednesday, November 6, 2019 - 12:00pm to 5:00pm|