Tableau is a data visualization tool that can help you analyze your data and illustrate the patterns and insights behind them. This interactive workshop will introduce researchers to Tableau Public, a free access version of Tableau.
- connect datasets to your Tableau workbook;
- create a variety of basic chart types (including bar charts, line graphs, and maps);
- use Tableau's built-in analysis features, like reference lines, trend lines and calculated fields; and
- publish and share publication-quality interactive charts and graphs.
- This workshop is not catered. You will get a 60-minute break at approximately half way through the session.
- This workshop was previously split into two Research Commons workshops: "An Introduction to Using Tableau for Data Visualization" and "Doing More with Tableau for Data Visualization". If you have taken both of these Research Commons workshops, then you will find the material redundant.
Register for upcoming workshops
No upcoming instances of this workshop found.