Equipment at Fraser Library (Surrey)
Library media technicians can answer many questions and Warren Bandzmer & Adrian Bisek, the Campus media coordinators, are an expert.
Warren Bandzmer/Adrian Bisek, Campus media coordinator
The SFU Surrey campus library loans out equipment to support teaching, learning, and research by faculty, staff and students in the School of Interactive Arts and Technology at SFU Surrey, not for personal use. To borrow equipment undergraduates must be currently enrolled in an IAT course, and most equipment is limited to students in specific courses.
Be respectful of your colleagues. Return equipment on time and in good condition so that others can use it too.
For the complete Equipment Loans Policy see Equipment Borrowing Information at Fraser Library (Surrey).
The loan period for equipment varies and is listed on the inventory page. Loan periods can change depending on demand, so remember
- Check your borrowing receipt or library record for due date
- Ignorance of due date & time is not an excuse.
Overnight and two day loans are due at noon, and if borrowed on Friday are due Monday at noon. The fine for overdue equipment is $3 per hour.
Renewals are at the discretion of staff, if no one else needs the equipment. Up to three renewals may be done by telephone (778-782-7411); subsequent renewals must be done in person with the equipment present. Renewal requests by email are not acceptable.
The equipment is very fragile and must be handled carefully. You will be charged full repair or replacement costs for damaged, lost or stolen equipment.
Repairs generally range from $50 to $300 and replacement costs of digital cameras range from $500 to $2500, and camcorders from $1000 to $5000.
You can book equipment in the binder at the Library Loans desk. Booked equipment is usually available for pick-up after 1 p.m. and is only held until 3 p.m. If you wish to arrange for a later pick up time (after 3 p.m.), you must notify a staff before your booking expires. Online reservation are available for Canon XH-A1 and Shoulder brace for camera (Library Equipment - Booking System).
- completion of the appropriate equipment workshop(s)
- score of 100% on the appropriate quiz(zes) and results brought to the Library Loans Desk
- special stickers for cameras, video cameras & lighting kits
- signature on an equipment borrower's agreement each year
- IAT 100 & 244 Still Camera Powerpoint / PDF
- IAT 202 Workshop Powerpoint / PDF
- IAT 202 Sound Recorder Powerpoint / PDF
- IAT 202, 244 & 344 Lighting Kit Powerpoint / PDF