RefWorks: Using Write-N-Cite
About: Write-n-Cite is the downloadable plug-in component of RefWorks. Write-n-Cite allows you to insert in-text citations into your document.
- Please download Write-n-Cite from within your RefWorks account.
- Log into your existing RefWorks account
- Go to "Tools" in the menu bar
- Select Write-n-Cite
- Choose the appropriate version for installation (i.e., PC or Mac, newer or older operating system)
- The "install information" link provides configuration instructions for PCs or Macs
- After download, Mac users should open Word, then go to View --> Toolbars --> Write-n-Cite to activate
More help on using/configuring Write-n-Cite is available.
The SFU Group Code is: RWSimonFraserU
The code is case-sensitive and is for SFU users only.
One Line / Cite View for OpenOffice.org (.odt), html, rich text format (rtf) and text.
Use One Line / Cite view instead of Write-n-Cite when using software that is not MS Word.