RefWorks: Getting Started
1. Register for an account.
- Go to RefWorks. Click Connect and login.
- Click Sign Up for a New Account and fill in the required fields.
- You will receive a confirmation email with your user name and password details.
2. Install Write-N-Cite on your computer.
Write-N-Cite is a plugin for MS Word that syncs with your RefWorks account, and formats your in-text citations and automatically generates a bibliography
- Login to your RefWorks account
- Go to Tools > Write-N-Cite
- Click the link for the version of Write-N-Cite you wish to install and follow your computer's instructions to complete the installation.
3. Get references into your account.
a) Export citations directly from library databases: Instructions for importing citations
b) Bring references from other citation management software into RefWorks: Instructions for exporting from EndNote, Zotero and other reference management tools
c) Use RefGrab-It. RefGrab-It is a bookmarklet/plugin that you can add to your web browser so that you import citations you find online to your RefWorks library: Instructions for using RefGrab-It