- Do I need a group code for RefWorks?
- How do I configure RefWorks' Write-N-Cite tool for use when I'm off campus, on either a Mac or a PC?
- Can I share my RefWorks account with other current SFU faculty, students and staff?
- Why am I having problems exporting to RefWorks from Wiley?
- For more see SFU RefWorks FAQs.
RefWorks Compatibility Updates
As of January 2013, Write-n-Cite 4.0 is now installed on all library computers. If you use Write-n-Cite both in the library and off-campus, you should upgrade to Write-n-Cite 4.0.
Write-N-Cite 2.5 for Macs is currently not compatible with the new Mac OS, Lion, or Word 2011 for Macs . Write-n-Cite 4.0 is compatible, and is now available for download from within your RefWorks account. Go to Tools --> Write-n-Cite -->Write-n-Cite for Mac.
Write-N-Cite 3.0 often has trouble working with .docx files. Please resave the file as a .doc and try running your bibliography again.
- Internet Explorer 9 users will need to turn on Compatibility Mode in order to have full functionality.
Store your references online and format bibliographies instantly.
RefWorks is free for all SFU students, faculty, staff and alumni.
- Access your account from anywhere in the world with an internet connection.
- Export citations from a variety of article database service providers into your RefWorks account.
- Try RefMobile on your pda, iphone, itouch or smart phone.
- RefWorks: Webinars - complimentary online training. Registration is limited and enrollment is required.
- SFU RefWorks Quick Guide
Protection of Privacy notice
The Library makes the RefWorks service available to you for your convenience. Your use of the RefWorks service at SFU is voluntary. Please be advised that the personal contact information you disclose to establish a RefWorks account, as well as the bibliographic and citation information you record, is stored on servers located in Canada. When you use this service, no personal information about you is collected by or for SFU. You may wish to review the RefWorks Privacy/Security Policy before using their service.