Register Information Online about Your Thesis and Upload Your Thesis
In addition to depositing two printed copies of your thesis with the library, you must:
- Ensure that your Thesis Title and Abstract have been authorized by your senior supervisor
- Register information about your thesis into the Thesis Registration System
- Upload your thesis and related materials into the System.
Log in to the Thesis Registration system
- Go to the Thesis Registration/Submission System.
- Login with your 14-character library barcode and your first name. Note that the first letter of your first name must be capitalized (e.g., enter Jasbir not jasbir).
- To retrieve your barcode number, see How do students who never come to one of the SFU campuses get a library barcode number?
Register information about your thesis
Register information about your thesis before you submit printed copies of your thesis to the library.
Register once you have your title and abstract set. Your completed thesis can be uploaded at a later date.
- When you register, you are given a list of the regulation forms you will need when depositing the printed copies of your thesis with the library. Download these forms, print off one copy of each form, and fill in or complete each form for inclusion in the printed copy of your thesis.
- After registration is complete, you will receive an auto-generated receipt of your registration via email. Print one copy of this email for delivery to the library with your printed thesis.
Upload your thesis
Before you deliver the printed copies of your thesis to the library, upload the following:
A PDF version of your thesis.
- Recent versions of Microsoft Word contain the option to save a file as an Adobe PDF. If your word processing program does not contain the option to save your thesis as a PDF file, try searching Google for free PDF converter tools that will allow you to save your thesis as a PDF document.
- Images that are of a large file size can cause the PDF version of your thesis to have a correspondingly unusually large file size. Ensure that your thesis follows the library's formatting standards, including the standards for Tables, Figures, and Illustrations.
- Supplementary files you might have (such as CDs, videos, bi-fold 11x17 pages, etc.).
- Any authorizations, such as the Statement of Ethics Approval (in a PDF file), Supervisor Revision Memo (in a separate PDF file), or permissions to use copyrighted materials in your thesis (include all permissions in one PDF file).
Do not attempt to change the information you entered when registering information about your thesis into the Thesis Registration System. Instead, note corrections to the errors on a printout of the receipt you receive in your email after registering information about your thesis. The library's thesis assistant will fix the errors for you and you will receive a confirmation email once the errors have been corrected.