Formatting Your Thesis: Bi-fold Pages
Bi-fold pages may be required for flowcharts, posters, etc., and must be included as an appendix.
11" x 17" pages are the only oversized/landscaped pages that can be included.
8.5" x 14" legal-sized pages are not permitted.
- Use the Bi-fold pages template to create your pages.
- In the bi-fold pages Word file, create the appropriate heading for your illustration and apply the appropriate style to that heading as instructed in the Thesis Template Instructions. In your thesis Word file, create a blank page using the manual page break (Ctrl+Enter) if necessary; create the same heading and apply the same appropriate style to that heading.
- In the bi-fold pages Word file, use Insert > Page Number > Format Page Number to correct the page number at the bottom of the page to the appropriate number—or simply remove the page number and type it in manually.
- Convert the document to a PDF, have these pages printed on 11" x 17" paper, fold according to the Folding Bi-fold page, and switch each appropriate page with the corresponding blank page in your thesis hardcopies.
- Import each PDF bi-fold page into the appropriate place in your PDF thesis file before uploading.