Theses: Best Practices for Departments
The Library oversees formatting and publication of print and digital copies of SFU theses and also manages supporting documentation. Please check with the Dean of Graduate Studies office about departmental thesis deadlines and other issues.
New Graduate Assistants
Sheilagh McDonald email@example.com (Dean of Graduate Studies Office) maintains the graduate assistant maillist. Please ensure that if you are a graduate assistant, you are added to the list.
- Encourage students to review the Library's thesis webpages and attend a workshop around the time they begin writing.
- The thesis assistant is available to provide workshops (2-3 hours) and orientations (15-30 minutes) for departments at all campuses. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange one.
Please suggest students review the following pages to avoid common errors made in formatting of the thesis and its submission to the library:
- Title Pages
- Approval Pages
- Theses Regulations and Policies - outlines information on completing relevant documentation which must be included and signed where appropriate.
- Assembling Your Three Folders
- Please discourage students from referring to any previously submitted theses.