Complete list of animated tutorials
- These tutorials use sound and closed captioning
Introduction to research
- Discover Your Library: Free library research classes. Find the right stuff faster!
- Student Learning Commons. Attend a workshop, make an appointment to get help with grammar and structuring your paper.
- Start Your Research Here. A step by step guide to the library research process
- Library Research Tutorials. Animated tutorials on search techniques for finding books and journal articles.
- Take the SFU Library interactive tutorial Understanding and Avoiding Plagiarism to test yourself and to learn more about plagiarism
- Inscrivez-vous à la séance interactive de tutorat de SFU "Comprendre et éviter le plagiat" (Understanding and Avoiding Plagiarism) pour évaluer vos connaissances en matière de plagiat.
- SFU Library Catalogue Search Guide - quick guide to the features of the Catalogue
Finding journal articles
- Finding databases (animated tutorial)
- What is a Scholarly Journal? Learn how to distinguish between academic and popular journals
- How to Find Journal Articles. Searching the Library's indexes and databases to find articles on your topic
- Moving from Citation to Article. You've got the citation of an article -- now how do you find it in the Library, online, or at another library?
- Internet Research. A guide to finding and evaluating websites and other freely available Web resources.
- How to Critically Evaluate Sources
- How to Evaluate Websites
- How to Evaluate Primary Documents Website
- Suggested Questions for Evaluation of Primary Sources