Publishing Information Resources: Home
News, sources & services for researchers in the Canadian Centre for Studies in Publishing (CCSP) and beyond:
Highlighted resources for Publishing
- Quill & Quire Select "SFU Library Journals II - SFU Library" to access SFU's Q&Q Omni subscription
- CBCA Fulltext Reference index for articles on the Canadian publishing industry. Indexes print version of Quill & Quire.
Business Source Complete indexes business journals, industry magazines (e.g. Publishers Weekly), and industry & market reports
- Chicago Manual of Style online version also includes Chicago-Style Citation Quick Guide, sample forms, letters, and style sheets
Help with Course Assignments:
Note: Course guides are usually only updated when there's a new instruction session for that class, so information on these pages might be dated.
- PUB 330 Publication Design and Print Production
- PUB 350 Marketing for Book Publishers
- PUB 355 Online Marketing for Publishers (see course outline)
- PUB 371 Structure of the Book Publishing Industry in Canada
- PUB 372 The Publishing Process
- PUB 375 Magazine Publishing
- PUB 401 Technology and the Evolving Book (see course outline)
- PUB 450 The Business of Book Publishing
- Pub 477 Publishing Practicum
- Pub 600 Publishing Management
- PUB 601 Editorial Theory and Practice
- PUB 602 Design and Production Control in Publishing
- PUB 605 Book Publishing Project
- PUB 606 Magazine Publishing Project
- Pub 607 Tech Project
- PUB 801 History of Publishing
Pub 802 Tech & Evolving Forms of Publishing
New Publishing Books at SFU Library!
All new books and other resources for Publishing are listed and updated weekly on the Publishing new library acquisitions page.