First Nations Research Resources: Home
For assistance, contact Jenna Walsh, Indigenous Initiatives Librarian and Liaison for First Nations Studies, or Ask a Librarian.
Start Your Research Here Guide (overview of research process)
- Research checklist: have you done? (strategies)
- Research Concepts Worksheet (for brainstorming)
- Citation Finder Use this tool to locate specific journal articles, books, etc. (i.e. i.e. when you already have a citation/reference)
- SFU RefWorks Quick Guide (manage your citations)
- Saving your work at your own personal SFU file space (H Drive)
- Research Process (links to search techniques, animated tutorials, evaluating sources, writing / citing/ managing bibliographies, thesis writing, inter-library loans, avoiding plagiarism, putting items on Reserves, booking videos for classroom showings, etc.).
- First Nations Terminology SFU guide to terminology
- IPortal - Indigenous Studies Research Tool - (University of Saskatchewan Library)
- UBC Indigenous Foundations Portal - an overview of First Nations history and current issues
- Aboriginal Archives Guide -- by Association of Canadian Archivists. It takes a few seconds to load.
Course guides get updated just before instruction sessions so the older guides may have links that no longer work. For further assistance, ask the librarians at Ask a Librarian.
|FNST 301 Issues in Applied First Nations Research|
|Services for Aboriginal/Indigenous Students|
|Thesis Assistance Guide|
Research Commons - Library services for graduate students