First Nations Research Resources: Home
For assistance, contact Jenna Walsh, Liaison Librarian for First Nations, or Ask a Librarian.
Start Your Research Here Guide (overview of research process)
- Research checklist: have you done? (strategies)
- Research Concepts Worksheet (for brainstorming)
- Citation Finder Use this tool to locate specific journal articles, books, etc. (i.e. i.e. when you already have a citation/reference)
- SFU RefWorks Quick Guide (manage your citations)
- Saving your work at your own personal SFU file space (H Drive)
- Research Process (links to search techniques, animated tutorials, evaluating sources, writing / citing/ managing bibliographies, thesis writing, inter-library loans, avoiding plagiarism, putting items on Reserves, booking videos for classroom showings, etc.).
- First Nations Terminology SFU guide to terminology
- IPortal - Indigenous Studies Research Tool - (University of Saskatchewan Library)
- Aboriginal Archives Guide -- by Association of Canadian Archivists. It takes a few seconds to load.
Women Downtown Eastside - Vancouver
Website description - check link for detailed description
"... the website was primarily intended as an interface between the DTES and the general and academic public. We hope to encourage a deeper and more personal understanding of this vibrant yet troubled community, including the threats it faces from gentrification. Through this website, we aim to contribute to a better understanding of this special neighborhood and of the experience of poverty, poor living conditions and drug addiction familiar to so many, and encourage a pondering of equitable solutions." [Dr. Jaqqueline Levitin]
Course guides get updated just before instruction sessions so the older guides may have links that no longer work. For further assistance, ask the librarians at Ask a Librarian.
|COURSE - Current||LAST UPDATED|
|ARCH 334: Indigenous Heritage Stewardship||Sept 2012|
|First Nations 301 Library Tutorial: PowerPoint presentation in PDF||September 2005|
|FNST 301 Issues in Applied First Nations Research||Oct 2012|
|Hist 376 - North American West - guide to primary sources||Dec 2011|
|First Nations Graduate Students Library Research Guide / Thesis Assistance Guide||Oct 2012|