Intercultural Communication and Diversity Information Resources: Background Information
- Intercultural Glossary / DFAIT Canada - Centre for Intercultural Learning
- International encyclopedia of communication
- New dictionary of cultural literacy
- Sage dictionary of cultural studies
- Credo Reference - Over 100 searchable and browsable reference books
- Gale Virtual Reference Library -- connect, then select "Social Sciences." TIP: Either search all encyclopedias as part of this database, or to search a particular title, check the box on left side "search within this publication".
International Encyclopedia of the Social & Behavioral Sciences: IESBS / H 41 I58 2001
- articles under: "cross-cultural psychology", "cross-cultural research methods", "cross-cultural study of education", "cultural assimilation", "cultural diversity, human development and education", "ethnocentrism", "ethnicity, race, and health", "multicultural education", "parenting in ethnic minority families", "race: history of the concept", etc.
- Oxford Reference Online - 100 general reference works plus material in language, science and medicine, humanities and social sciences, business, and professional areas.
- Sage eReference - over 40 encyclopedias -- List of encyclopedias.
- Sage Research Methods Online Access to research methods online from books and numerous reference sources. E.g. search for "oral history"
- American National Biography
Cultural theory: the key thinkers
- Also in print HM 621 E34 2002
- Dictionary of Canadian Biography - important Canadians who were deceased up to, and including, the year 1930.
- Gale's Literary Index. -Use library catalogue for title of Reference book in which the author is listed.
- Oxford Art Online / Grove Music Online -
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biography - British, from the fourth century BC to the year 2000.