Business Information Resources: Books & Articles
- Business Source Complete A good place to start your search for academic or practitioner articles. BSC also contains industry and market reports, company profiles, country economic reports, and more.
- CBCA Full Text Business Canadian focus: Trade journals, general business publications, academic journals, topical journals, and professional publications.
- LexisNexis Newspapers, journals, reports, cases, and patents from the early 1970s to the present in the areas of Business, Law, and News. Includes some directories and market reports.
- Additional Business databases
More Business article databases by specific area of concentration:
- HR/Management and Organizational Studies
- International Business
- Management Information Systems
- Management Science
- Social Science Research Network (SSRN)
- Kopolow Business Library (Olin School of Business): Links to Working Papers
Library catalogue: Search the catalogue to discover what books, journals, magazines, movies, sound recordings, databases, and other items SFU Library provides access to.
SFU library purchases access to thousands of electronic books. eBooks are searchable through the catalogue, just like print books--both ebook titles and print book titles will come up in your search results. However, you can also locate ebooks by limiting your search in the catalogue to "eResources", or by browsing some of the ebook databases directly. Browsing the eBooks databases allows for "menu tree" searching:
- Books 24x7 Electronic books in computing science, IT, and multimedia.
- eBrary 24,000+ electronic books spanning a wide variety of disciplines
- MyiLibrary 10,000+ titles from Springer
- Safarai tech books online Over 6,500 full text technical books
- Palgrave Connect eBook collection; once you're in the database, you can narrow your search to Business & Management through the options on the left side bar.
- Springer e-books Spans multiple disciplines
- IGI Global 260 eBooks in the Business Technology Series.
Don't know where to begin your research? "Start your research here" provides a framework for conducting efficient research.