If you need help, please contact Heather De Forest, Liaison Librarian at 778.782.7322 or email@example.com or Ask a librarian.
- Gateway to Research Data (NRC-CISTI): Canadian environmental data from research projects. Categories for the data sets available include forestry, water quantity, marine sciences, agriculture, and more.
- CAIT: Climate Data Explorer from the World Resources Institute. Includes statistics on greenhouse gas and carbon dioxide emissions, by country, sector, and energy sub-sector.
- Atlas of global development: A visual guide to the world's greatest challenges. G 1046 G1 W671 2007
- Replaces earlier publication: World Bank Atlas (1967-2004 in print: G 1046 G1 W67 and 2004 edition online). Note that much of the data in this atlas is from the World Development Indicators (below).
- Canadian Environmental Sustainability Indicators: "Environmental indicators for water quality, air quality, and greenhouse gas emissions... intended to assist those in government responsible for developing policy and measuring performance..."
- Human Activity and the Environment: An annual publication that focuses on a current environmental issue. The latest information and statistics are gathered from many sources to produce an in-depth analytical article.
- Human Activity and the Environment: Annual Statistics [2002-2010]: A statistical picture of Canada's environment with special emphasis on human activity and its relationship to natural systems - air, water, soil, plants and animals. Discontinued.
- BC STATS: Environmental Statistics: Local data from the BC government on topics ranging from air quality to waste management.
General statistics sources with environmental content
- World development indicators: Provides access to over 600 development indicators including economic, social, environmental, business, and technology for more than 208 countries.
- Statistics Portal (Food and Agricultural Organisation of the United Nations): The FAO statistical databases listed on this page are on-line multilingual databases containing statistical information on various topics. For statistics on agriculture, nutrition, fisheries, forestry, food aid, land use and population, see: FAOSTAT.
- UNdata (Formerly known as UNSTATS): "A compilation of United Nations and agency statistics, covering economic, social, financial and development topics."
- Statistics Canada: Use the many Search options or browse a selection of Environment reports such as EnviroStats. Also see CANSIM via the SFU Library: Statistics Canada time series data (all topics).
- SourceOECD: Statistics on OECD countries (and selected non-OECD countries) covering themes such as Agriculture & Fisheries, Economic Projections, Environment, and Health.
- Local sources: BC Stats / Metro Vancouver Key Facts (select Key Facts from publication category drop-down menu).
Other relevant SFU Library guides