This guide is designed to help you get started with your Publishing research. Find books, journal articles, and additional research resources available to you at SFU Library.
Highlighted resources for Publishing
Quill and Quire
The foremost magazine for Canadian publishing news. Available in print at Belzberg and Fraser libraries. We also have access to Quill & Quire Omni for the latest Canadian book industry news.
This database includes articles on the Canadian publishing industry and indexes older articles from Quill & Quire.
This database contains articles from academic business journals, industry news sources and magazines (e.g. Publishers Weekly), and industry & market reports.
Chicago Manual of Style
The online version also includes the Chicago-Style Citation Quick Guide, sample forms, letters, and style sheets.
Publishing @ SFU's Engage Blog, which includes occasional Library and research news.
Help with course assignments
Note: Course guides are usually only updated when there's a new instruction session for that class, so information on these pages might be dated.
Undergraduate Minor in Print and Digital Publishing (see their page for a complete list of courses)
Master of Publishing (see their page for more information)
- PUB 601 Editorial Theory and Practice
- PUB 602 Design and Production Control in Publishing
- PUB 606 Magazine Publishing Project
- PUB 801 History of Publishing
- PUB 898 Internship Project Report
New Publishing books
- Writing your journal article in 12 weeks : a guide to academic publishing success
- The Chicago manual of style.
- Religious periodicals and publishing in transnational contexts : the press and the pulpit
- An empire of print : the New York publishing trade in the early American republic
- Listening to type : making language visible
- Beautiful book designs : from the Middle Ages to the mid 20th century
- Specimens of chromatic wood type, borders, &c