- If you want to receive a Table-of-Contents alert of a favorite journal, find the journal's own website. In most cases, the journal will offer free e-mail updates for upcoming issues.
- SpringerAlerts. Register for e-mail newsletter with tables of contents from Springer journals and for a new book e-mail notification service.
- MIT Press. Sign up to receive email alerts containing information on the latest book releases or journal issues.
- PapersInvited. International listing of Calls for Papers issued by professional bodies. All disciplines are covered.
- Other Current Awareness Resources
Services for You
- Linguistics Liaison Librarian
- Rebecca Dowson – Digital Scholarship Librarian (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Carla Graebner - Data Services Librarian (email@example.com)
- Ask a Librarian
- Get help by phone, email, IM chat, or in person at all three campuses
- Library services for graduate students
- Interlibrary Loans
- Request materials Online
- or look for the Where can I get this? link or logo in any of our online databases to connect to our ILL form automatically.
- Get a free COPPUL library card for UBC and other university libraries across Canada.
- Ask Us! Live chat reference, Reference desk, technical assistance
- LINGUIST List
Join LINGUIST to ask questions, join in linguistic discussions, find out about the latest jobs, books and conferences.
- FONETIKS discussion list
Submitting Your Thesis
Assistant for Theses
- Macaulay, M. (2011). Surviving linguistics: A guide for graduate students. P 57 U5 M33 2011.
- Bitchener, J. (2010). Writing an applied linguistics thesis or dissertation : a guide to presenting empirical research. LB 2369 B5333 2010
- Harman, E. (2003). The Thesis and the book : a guide for first-time academic authors. Z 286 S37 T54 2003
- Swales, J.M. & Feak, C.B. () Academic writing for graduate students : essential tasks and skills. PE 1408 S7836 2012