If you need help, please contact Ivana Niseteo, Liaison Librarian for English, French, French Programs (FASS), Humanities, Linguistics, and World Literature at 778.782.6838 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Ask a librarian.
Help with course assignments
Course guides are created for Linguistics courses that involve research assignments and/or library instruction.
- LING 301 - The Case Study Assignment (updated Oct. 2015)
- LING 323 - Morphology -- the Case Study Assignment (updated Oct. 2015)
- LING 309 - Sociolinguistics (updated Jan. 2016)
- LING 360 - Introduction to Applied Linguistics (updated Feb. 2016)
Linguistics graduate students
- SFU's Research Commons supports graduate students during all stages of the research lifecycle - ideas, partners, proposal writing, research process, and publication - and provides easy access to both physical and virtual research resources.
- Surviving linguistics : a guide for graduate students, c2011. [print]
- Cognitive Science: SFU Library's guide to information resources
- CogPrints. An electronic archive for self-archive papers.
- Listening to the past : audio records of accents of English
- Ten lectures on quantitative approaches in cognitive linguistics. corpus-linguistic, experimental, and statistical applications
- The semantics of evidentials
- The story of be : a verb's-eye view of the English language
- The Cambridge handbook of areal linguistics
- Language and a sense of place : studies in language and region
- Authentic materials myths : applying second language research to classroom teaching
- Dialects at school : educating linguistically diverse students
- Second language educational experiences for adult learners
- Beyond age effects in instructional L2 learning : revisiting the age factor
- The Cambridge handbook of linguistic typology
- An introduction to sociolinguistics
- Exploring discourse in context and in action
- Research methods for language teaching : inquiry, process, and synthesis
- Global Englishes and change in English language teaching : attitudes and impact
- Grounded theory in applied linguistics research : a practical guide