If you need help, please contact Ivana Niseteo, Liaison Librarian for English, French, French Programs (FASS), Humanities, Linguistics, and World Literature at 778.782.6838 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Ask a librarian.
Help with course assignments
Course guides are created for Linguistics courses that involve research assignments and/or library instruction.
- LING 301 - The Case Study Assignment (updated Oct. 2015)
- LING 323 - Morphology -- the Case Study Assignment (updated Oct. 2015)
- LING 309 - Sociolinguistics (updated Jan. 2016)
- LING 360 - Introduction to Applied Linguistics (updated Feb. 2016)
Linguistics graduate students
- SFU's Research Commons supports graduate students during all stages of the research lifecycle - ideas, partners, proposal writing, research process, and publication - and provides easy access to both physical and virtual research resources.
- Surviving linguistics: a guide for graduate students, c2011. [print]
- Cognitive Science: SFU Library's guide to information resources
- CogPrints. An electronic archive for self-archive papers.
- The phonetics and phonology of geminate consonants
- New horizons in Qur'anic linguistics : a syntactic, semantic and stylistic analysis
- The Routledge handbook of English as a Lingua Franca
- Sociohistorical linguistics in Southeast Asia
- 'And' : conjunction reduction redux
- The Indo-European languages
- Teaching English as an international language:|b implementing, reviewing, and re-envisioning world Englishes in language education
- Perspectives on Northern Englishes
- Africa's endangered languages : documentary and theoretical approaches
- Handbook for foreign language learning in online tandems and educational settings
- Getting at GET in world Englishes : a corpus-based semasiological-syntactic analysis
- English phonetics and pronunciation practice
- Becoming an Outstanding Languages Teacher.
- Explicit communication : Robyn Carston's pragmatics
- The Oxford handbook of ergativity
- English language education policies and practices in the Mediterranean countries and beyond
- The Routledge handbook of language in the workplace
- The phonology of Chichewa
- Evidentiality and Modality in European Languages: Discourse-Pragmatic Perspectives
- North Sámi : an essential grammar
- Multilingualism : a very short introduction
- The story of zero
- The Cambridge handbook of cognitive linguistics
- An introduction to sociolinguistics
- Challenging the myth of monolingual corpora
- Evaluating language assessments
- Dravidian syntax and universal grammar : Jayaseelan-Amritavalli papers
- The handbook of technology and second language teaching and learning
- Quantitative methods for second language research : a problem-solving approach