A handbook is a single-volume reference book of compact size that provides concise factual information on a specific subject, organized systematically for quick and easy access.
- The Routledge companion to European history since 1763 [online]
- The peoples of Canada: a pre-Confederation history [print]
- Canada 's first nations: a history of founding peoples from earliest times [print]
- The Longman handbook of modern British history, 1714-2001 [print]
- Chinese history: a manual [print]
- Handbook of Latin American Studies [online]
- Historical statistics of Canada [online or print]
- Historical statistics of the United States
- International historical statistics : Europe, 1750-2000 [print]
- International historical statistics : Africa, Asia & Oceania, 1750-2000 [print]
- International historical statistics: the Americas, 1750-2000 [print]
- Statistics Canada [online]
- British Columbia Statistics [online]
- Canadian Census [online]
- Statistical Abstract [online]
A historical atlas is a book of maps showing the changes that have occurred over a given period of time in a geographic area or in the development of a spatial phenomenon or event. Historical atlases typically contain more text than a standard atlas and may also include a chronology or timeline and biographical notes on persons whose names appear in the text.
- The Times atlas of world history [print]
- Concise historical atlas of Canada
- Historical atlas of the United States : with original maps [print]
- Historical atlas of Central America [print]
- A historical atlas of Central Asia
Oxford Art Online
The most comprehensive online reference resource for all aspects of the visual arts worldwide from prehistory to the present day. Includes links to art images from galleries and museums around the world. Many images are held in private collections and are not readily available on public websites.
The Collection documents artistic traditions across many times and cultures and embraces architecture, painting, sculpture, photography, decorative arts, and design as well as many other forms of visual culture.
SFU Library's Art Images is a growing collection of online images documenting a broad range of art in support of teaching, learning, and research at SFU. Currently, the collection is composed of over 2000 images with an emphasis on the history of Western Art.