For assistance with Library research or resources in the area of Geography, contact:
SFU Library Research Skills Tutorial: up your academic game by completing this 50 minute tutorial.
Top resources for Geography
Web of Science
Search for journal articles, citation counts, journal impact factors, and more. Major multidisciplinary academic database.
Search for journal articles in human and physical geography, earth sciences, ecology, geology, and environmental sciences.
Search for journal articles in the area of environmental studies in this database
Journal article databases
SFU Library subscribes to many other databases where you can search for journal articles, reviews, and more.
Find print and online books in the Library catalogue.
Access guides for:
Help with course assignments
- Geography 162: Canada (Fall 2016)
- Geography 213: Introduction to Geomorphology (Spring 2015)
- Geography 215: Biogeography (Fall 2015)
- Geography 221: Economic Geography (Fall 2016)
- Geography 241: Social Geography (Summer 2015)
- Geography 261: Introduction to Urban Geography (Spring 2016)
- Geography 322W: World Resources (Spring 2015)
- Geography 362W: Geography of Urban Built Environments (Fall 2015)
- Geography 381: Political Geography (Fall 2016)
- Geography 389: Nature and Society (Fall 2015)
- Geography 426: Industrial Change and Local Development (Spring 2016)
- Geography 428 World Forests (Fall 2015)
- Geography 440: Property, Land, Society (2015)
- Geography 468: Society and Environment in China (Spring 2016)
New Geography books
- Tools for oceanography and ecosystemic modeling
- Making maps : a visual guide to map design for GIS
- Limits to globalization : disruptive geographies of capitalist development
- Impacts of climate change on allergens and allergic diseases
- Climate justice in a non-ideal world
- Overheating : an anthropology of accelerated change
- Cities & economic change : restructuring and dislocation in the global metropolis
- The radicalization of pedagogy : anarchism, geography, and the spirit of revolt
- Climate change : examining the facts
- Hollow city : the siege of San Francisco and the crisis of American urbanism
- An introduction to R for spatial analysis & mapping
- Stitching the world : embroidered maps and women's geographical education