For assistance with Library research or resources in the area of Geography, contact:
Julie Jones, GIS & Map Librarian | Liaison Librarian for Geography at 778-782-9704 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For general assistance, Ask a librarian.
SFU Library Research Skills Tutorial: up your academic game by completing this 50 minute tutorial.
Top resources for Geography
Web of Science
Search for journal articles, citation counts, journal impact factors, and more. Major multidisciplinary academic database.
Search for journal articles in human and physical geography, earth sciences, ecology, geology, and environmental sciences.
Search for journal articles in the area of environmental studies in this database
Journal article databases
SFU Library subscribes to many other databases where you can search for journal articles, reviews, and more.
Find print and online books in the Library catalogue.
Access guides for:
Help with course assignments
- Geography 162: Canada (Fall 2016)
- Geography 213: Introduction to Geomorphology (Spring 2015)
- Geography 215: Biogeography (Fall 2015)
- Geography 221: Economic Geography (Summer 2015)
- Geography 241: Social Geography (Summer 2015)
- Geography 261: Introduction to Urban Geography (Spring 2016)
- Geography 322W: World Resources (Spring 2015)
- Geography 362W: Geography of Urban Built Environments (Fall 2015)
- Geography 381W: Political Geography (Spring 2015)
- Geography 389: Nature and Society (Fall 2015)
- Geography 426: Industrial Change and Local Development (Spring 2016)
- Geography 428 World Forests (Fall 2015)
- Geography 440: Property, Land, Society (2015)
- Geography 468: Society and Environment in China (Spring 2016)
New Geography books
- Land-use change impacts on soil processes : tropical and savannah ecosystems
- The city since 9/11 : literature, film, television
- The beach : an Australian passion
- The methodology of political economy : studying the global rural-urban matrix
- Transformational resilience : how building human resilience to climate disruption can safeguard society and increase wellbeing
- Mind the map : illustrated maps and cartography
- GIS algorithms
- Geography, technology and instruments of exploration
- GIS for biologists : a practical introduction for undergraduates
- Global ethics and climate change
- Cartographic Japan : a history in maps
- Getting to know ArcGIS pro
- British town maps : a history
- Civic ecology : adaptation and transformation from the ground up
- Cloud computing in ocean and atmospheric sciences
- Rethinking sustainability to meet the climate change challenge
- Dark ecology : for a logic of future coexistence
- Reimagining climate change
- Mapping the nation : building smart government with GIS.
- Distress in the city : racism, fundamentalism and a democratic education
- Energy, cities and sustainability : an historical approach
- The domestic politics of global climate change : key actors in international climate cooperation