On this page
Associations and organizations
- Aboriginal Canada Portal - National Aboriginal Organizations
- Aboriginal Rights Coalition
- Aboriginal Youth Network
- Assembly of First Nations
- Assembly of Manitoba Chiefs
- B.C. Assembly of First Nations
- Canadian Bar Association - National Aboriginal Law section
- Congress of Aboriginal Peoples
- First Nations Schools Association
- First Nations Summit
- Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami - an Inuit Rights organization
- Metis National Council - click on the "women" link
- Métis National Council of Women
- NAHO National Aboriginal Health Organization
- Native Women's Association
- National Association of Tribal Historic Preservation Officers (NATHPO)
- Pauktuutit Inuit Women's Association
- Union of British Columbia Indian Chiefs
Scow Institute - founded in 2001 by retired Judge Alfred J. Scow, the first Aboriginal person called to the Bar and to the Bench in British Columbia, and other interested persons.
- Research Library - online articles on Aboriginal issues
- Eldis Gateway to Development Information -full text documents, from over 4,500 different publishers. Use "indigenous" to find most studies.
- Mediawatch - a national, not for profit feminist organization working to eliminate sexism in the media.
Directories of websites
- Elaine Cubbins: Techniques for Evaluating American Indian Web Sites.
- Aboriginal Resources and Services - Library Archives Canada.
- B.C. Archives
- First Nation Information Project - Canadian focus, with a directory of nearly 50 First Nations' homepages.
- First Nations Seeker: Directory of Canada's First Nations Portals - also a good source for Names of First Nations both authentic and anglicized
- Native Web - links to major news stories, announcements, and events concerning indigenous peoples worldwide.
- Resources for Aboriginal Studies (University of Saskatchewan) - databases of archival material held in Saskatchewan archives and concerned with Métis and aboriginal studies. Included are databases of historic photographs and archival material (textual, audio, film, maps, etc.), inlcuding the Northwest Resistance Digitization Project.
- IPortal - Indigenous Studies Research Tool - (University of Saskatchewan Library)
- Canadian Research Index - includes federal, provincial and municipal government publications. Keep track of the Microlog Report number and find the report on fiche on 6th floor. Alternatively, search the department site, online.
- Library Archives Canada, Archives Search engine - e.g. search for "nurses" for archives/fonds related to them
- Celebrating women's achievements, The Call to Duty - from the fonds of six Canadian nursing sisters.
- Library of Parliament - Parliamentary Information and Research Service Publications - briefs on issues, Bills, etc.
- GPO Access - A well-organized list of U.S. government sites by topic.
- US Census Bureau - Get current industrial and demographic reports, economic census data, foreign trade analysis, and much more.
- Statistical Abstracts of the United States
- US Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics
Government - International
- Asian Development Bank
- United Nations
- U.N. Economic and Social Development Website
- UNIFEM - United Nations Development Fund for Women - specializing in gender issues
- Women Watch (U.N. Inter-Agency Network on Women and Gender Equality (IANWGE) legal instruments, conventions and other relevant international standards of particular importance to women's human rights and gender equality
- United Nations World Health Organization Country Profiles
Links to other relevant guides
- First Nations related Library guides
- First Nations Terminology guide
- Goodminds.com - a First Nations online vendor/bookstore (subject listing of books/dvds)