This guide is intended to provide links to Library guides and selected resources which may be of interest to students and researchers at Simon Fraser University.
If you need help, please contact Sylvia Roberts, Liaison Librarian for Communication & Contemporary Arts at SFU Vancouver: 778.782.5043 (main) SFU Burnaby: 778.782.3681 or email@example.com or Ask a librarian.
Help with course assignments
CA 160 Introductory Studio in Visual Art I (Fall 2017)
Contemporary Arts subject guides
Recommended sources for databases, journal articles, dictionaries, encyclopedias, online music, videos, images, internet resources and more.
Library media collections
New Contemporary Arts books
- Desire change : contemporary feminist art in Canada
- In the spring of 2017 Martin Roth published a selection of his works.
- Sofia Coppola : a cinema of girlhood
- Binning House
- Playing offstage : the theater as a presence or factor in the real world
- Music in Disney's animated features : Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs to The jungle book
- Beyond beauty
- Ethical exchanges in translation, adaptation and dramaturgy
- The economics of American art : issues, artists, and market institutions
- Babbling corpse : vaporwave and the commodification of ghosts
- Dance anatomy and kinesiology
- The courage of composers and the tyranny of taste : reflections on new music
- Elmgreen & Dragset : The Well Fair = Aimogelin yu Delasaite : hao bo
- Drone age cinema : action film and sensory assault
- Mel Bochner Voices.
- Swim pretty : aquatic spectacles and the performance of race, gender, and nature
- Rhythm in acting and performance : embodied approaches and understandings
- Cultural revolution : aethetic practice after autonomy
- All work and no plays : blueprints for 9 theatre performances
- Contemporary research in music learning across the lifespan : music education and human development
- Moma dance : boris charmatz.
- Friedman house
- Costume in performance : materiality, culture, and the body
- Theatre and cultural struggle in south africa.
- Why only art can save us : aesthetics and the absence of emergency
- POL BURY.
- Folklore U.S.
- PHENOMENOLOGY OF FILM : a heideggerian account of the film experience.
- Kerry James Marshall