This guide is intended to provide links to Library guides and selected resources which may be of interest to students and researchers at Simon Fraser University.
If you need help, please contact Sylvia Roberts, Liaison Librarian for Communication & Contemporary Arts at SFU Vancouver: 778.782.5043 (main) SFU Burnaby: 778.782.3681 or email@example.com or Ask a librarian.
Help with course assignments
FPA 136 The History and Aesthetics of Cinema I (Fall 2015)
FPA 160 Introductory Studio in Visual Art I (Fall 2015)
FPA 227 Dance History (Henry Daniel) (Spring 2017)
FPA 319 Critical Writing in the Arts (Patricia Gruen) (spring 2014)
FPA 812 Interdisciplinary Graduate Seminar (fall 2015)
Contemporary Arts subject guides
Recommended sources for databases, journal articles, dictionaries, encyclopedias, online music, videos, images, internet resources and more.
Library media collections
New Contemporary Arts books
- MUSICAL TECHNIQUES : frequencies and harmonics.
- Cinema of Wes Anderson
- Cecilia Vicuña : about to happen.
- Latin American women filmmakers : production, politics, poetics
- Katherine Dunham : dance and the African diaspora
- Rachel, Monique...
- Britten and the guitar : critical perspectives for performers
- William Kentridge : being led by the Nose
- Film, art, and the third culture : a naturalized aesthetics of film
- This very moment : teaching thinking dancing
- Arbus, Friedlander, Winogrand - new documents, 1967
- Anish Kapoor: Archaeology: Biology.
- Revisiting star studies : cultures, themes and methods
- Talking pictures : how to watch movies
- Rachel Maclean : wot u :-) about?
- Zhang Peili : record. repeat.
- Culture The British Community Arts Movement.
- Kubrick's story, Spielberg's film : A.I. Artificial intelligence
- Portrait revolution : inspiration from around the world for creating art in multiple mediums and styles
- Spacescapes : dance & drawing since 1962
- Fred Schepisi : interviews
- Imaginative bodies : dialogues in performance practices
- Moving with the Times.
- Hong Kong neo-noir
- The children's film : genre, nation and narrative
- Delirium and resistance : activist art and the crisis of capitalism
- Rebel, jester, mystic, poet : contemporary Persians
- The advent of abstraction : Russia, 1914-1923
- Visitor-centered exhibitions and edu-curation in art museums
- How the essay film thinks