This guide is designed to help you get started on your Chemistry research. Use this guide to find books, journal articles, and additional resources such as handbooks, spectra, and chemical safety information.
If you need help, please contact Greg Tourino, Liaison Librarian for Chemistry, Earth Science, Mathematics, Physics, and Statistics & Actuarial Science at 778-782-3269 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Ask a librarian.
- Physical & Chemical Properties Finder
Resources to help you find chemical and physical properties.
Drawn from Beilstein and Gmelin, Reaxys provides experimental data, in organic, inorganic and organometalic chemistry.
Standard database to find chemical information.
- Web of Science
Science citation index covering scholarly journals in all areas of science.
- CRC handbook of chemistry and physics
Standard handbook to find property information, including wavelength.
- Common Chemistry
Quick source of chemical names and CAS registry numbers.
- IsisCB Explore
A research tool for the history of science, whose core dataset comes from bibliographical citations in the Isis Bibliography of the History of Science. The IsisCB currently contains 40 years of citation data from 1974 to 2014.
Help with course assignments
- CHEM 332: Chemistry of Transition Metals (updated Oct. 2014)
- CHEM 366W : Phys Chem Lab II (updated Sept. 2015)
New Chemistry books
- Regulating safety of traditional and ethnic foods
- Highlights in mineralogical crystallography
- Polycyclic arenes and heteroarenes : synthesis, properties, and applications
- Recent developments in polymer macro, micro and nano blends : preparation and characterisation
- A world from dust : how the periodic table shaped life
- Introduction to photocatalysis : from basic science to applications / Yoshio Nosaka, Atsuko Nosaka.
- Surface water photochemistry
- Commercializing biobased products : opportunities, challenges, benefits and risks
- Conducting polymers : bioinspired intelligent materials and devices
- Fluorine : chemistry, analysis, function, and effects
- Fluorinated polymers. Volume 1, Synthesis, properties, processing and simulation
- Perspectives in crystallography
- Computational methods for complex liquid-fluid interfaces
- Principles of thermal analysis and calorimetry
- Industrial catalytic processes for fine and specialty chemicals
- The history of chemistry : a very short introduction
- Porous polymers : design, synthesis and applications
- Industrial inorganic chemistry
- Isotopes : a very short introduction
- Mass spectrometry : techniques for structural characterization of glycans
- Planar chromatography - mass spectrometry
- Micro- and nano-structured interpenetrating polymer networks : from design to applications
- Non-covalent interactions in the synthesis and design of new compounds
- Carbon nanomaterials sourcebook. Volume I, Graphene, fullerenes, nanotubes, and nanodiamonds
- Introduction to catalysis and industrial catalytic processes