This guide is designed to help you get started on your Chemistry research. Use this guide to find books, journal articles, and additional resources such as handbooks, spectra, and chemical safety information.
If you need help, please contact Greg Tourino, Liaison Librarian for Chemistry, Earth Science, Mathematics, Physics, and Statistics & Actuarial Science at 778-782-3269 or email@example.com or Ask a librarian.
- Physical & Chemical Properties Finder
Resources to help you find chemical and physical properties.
Drawn from Beilstein and Gmelin, Reaxys provides experimental data, in organic, inorganic and organometalic chemistry.
Standard database to find chemical information.
- Web of Science
Science citation index covering scholarly journals in all areas of science.
- CRC handbook of chemistry and physics
Standard handbook to find property information, including wavelength.
- Common Chemistry
Quick source of chemical names and CAS registry numbers.
- IsisCB Explore
A research tool for the history of science, whose core dataset comes from bibliographical citations in the Isis Bibliography of the History of Science. The IsisCB currently contains 40 years of citation data from 1974 to 2014.
Help with course assignments
- CHEM 332: Chemistry of Transition Metals (updated Oct. 2014)
- CHEM 366W : Phys Chem Lab II (updated Sept. 2015)
New Chemistry books
- Animal cell biotechnology : in biologics production
- The chemistry of beer : the science in the suds
- Crystallography : a very short introduction
- Transition metal catalyzed pyrimidine, pyrazine, pyridazine and triazine synthesis
- Multi frequency EPR spectroscopy of conjugated polymers and their nanocomposites
- Bioreactors : design, operation and novel applications
- Divided solids transportation
- Advanced nano deposition methods
- Membrane bioreactor processes : principles and applications
- Selection of the HPLC method in chemical analysis
- Crystallization and crystallizers