This guide is designed to help you get started on your Chemistry research. Use this guide to find books, journal articles, and additional resources such as handbooks, spectra, and chemical safety information.
If you need help, please contact Greg Tourino, Liaison Librarian for Chemistry, Earth Science, Mathematics, Physics, and Statistics & Actuarial Science at 778-782-3269 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Ask a librarian.
- Physical & Chemical Properties Finder
Resources to help you find chemical and physical properties.
Drawn from Beilstein and Gmelin, Reaxys provides experimental data, in organic, inorganic and organometalic chemistry.
Standard database to find chemical information.
- Web of Science
Science citation index covering scholarly journals in all areas of science.
- CRC handbook of chemistry and physics
Standard handbook to find property information, including wavelength.
- Common Chemistry
Quick source of chemical names and CAS registry numbers.
- IsisCB Explore
A research tool for the history of science, whose core dataset comes from bibliographical citations in the Isis Bibliography of the History of Science. The IsisCB currently contains 40 years of citation data from 1974 to 2014.
Help with course assignments
- CHEM 332: Chemistry of Transition Metals (updated Oct. 2014)
- CHEM 366W : Phys Chem Lab II (updated Sept. 2015)
New Chemistry books
- Introduction to photocatalysis : from basic science to applications / Yoshio Nosaka, Atsuko Nosaka.
- The history of chemistry : a very short introduction
- Isotopes : a very short introduction
- Handbook of boron nanostructures
- Energetic nanomaterials : synthesis, characterization, and application
- Grignard reagents and transition metal catalysts : formation of C-C bonds by cross-coupling
- Highlights in mineralogical crystallography
- A world from dust : how the periodic table shaped life
- The aqueous chemistry of oxides
- Bonding, structure and solid-state chemistry
- Surface water photochemistry
- Commercializing biobased products : opportunities, challenges, benefits and risks
- Bridging traditions : alchemy, chemistry, and Paracelsian practices in the early modern era
- Boron : sensing, synthesis and supramolecular self-assembly
- Efficient methods for preparing silicon compounds
- Non-covalent interactions in the synthesis and design of new compounds
- Applying nanotechnology to the desulfurization process in petroleum engineering
- The chemistry book : from gunpowder to graphene, 250 milestones in the history of chemistry
- Industrial inorganic chemistry
- Regulating safety of traditional and ethnic foods
- Mass spectrometry : techniques for structural characterization of glycans
- Polycyclic arenes and heteroarenes : synthesis, properties, and applications
- Principles of thermal analysis and calorimetry
- Micro- and nano-structured interpenetrating polymer networks : from design to applications
- Planar chromatography - mass spectrometry
- Conducting polymers : bioinspired intelligent materials and devices
- Bio-inspired polymers
- Essentials of coordination chemistry : a simplified approach with 3D visuals
- Chemistry : a very short introduction
- Porous polymers : design, synthesis and applications