This demonstration introduces you to the Thesis Submission process and the Thesis Template. It will begin with an introduction to required copyright permissions from the Copyright Office at SFU, followed by a review of the overall submission process (including deadlines and supporting documentation). Additionally, SFU Library's research data specialists will give instruction on how to preserve and, if appropriate, share research data for future uses.
The technical part of the workshop will follow, where you will be walked through the resources on the website and the functionality of the thesis template.
Students are encouraged to bring their own computer and thesis document(s) to work along with the facilitator during the workshop.
Learn how to:
- request copyright permissions
- write in the MS Word template-based file
- format your text using styles
- bring text in from other documents
- insert figures, images, and auto-numbered captions
- generate the Table of Contents, List of Tables, List of Figures, etc.
If you’ve begun writing, send your document to email@example.com in advance of the workshop; one might be used in demonstrating the Library’s thesis template. After the session, the formatted document will be returned in which the student can continue his/her work.