Follow the steps below in order to add a reference from the SFU Library Catalogue to Mendeley.
- On the page with the information about the book or journal article, click on "export RIS."
- Click on the small arrow next to the box that says "encoding."
- Choose "UTF-8."
- Click "download." The reference information for the book or article will now be available in your downloads folder.
- Open Mendeley. Click on the icon that looks like a paper with a green plus sign on the top left toolbar, and choose "Add Files."
- Find a file in your downloads folder called "Primo_RIS_Export.ris" and click "open."
- The book or journal article has now been added to your Mendeley library. You're all set!
Exporting to Zotero instead? Check out this guide.
Questions about Mendeley? We'd be happy to assist you. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.