GIS Day is an annual worldwide celebration of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) technology and community. Mark your calendar: this year's celebrations will take place on November 15th, 2017.
GIS Day 2017
We'll celebrate on November 15th with:
- A free hands-on Introduction to ArcGIS workshop from 1:30PM-3:00PM in lab 2105 in Bennett Library. There will be GIS Day goodies for all who attend. Register here. All welcome.
- A GIS Day book display on the 3rd floor of Bennett Library highlighting the exciting uses of GIS across disciplines and the many resources available to support the SFU community in their GIS learning.
SFU Library supports GIS in a number of ways:
- Employing a GIS & Maps Librarian (Julie Jones) and a Graduate Peer GIS Facilitator (Mehdi Aminipouri) who can provide various forms of GIS assistance, including searching for geospatial data – contact us at GIS help & consultations.
- Offering ongoing in-person training workshops throughout the year.
- Providing access to geospatial data.
- Making ArcGIS software available to SFU students, faculty, and staff for research use on their personal computers.
- Providing access to GIS software such as ArcGIS, QGIS, and Google Earth Pro on Library computers.
- Offering access to free self-paced online GIS courses through Esri Training and Lynda.com.