Request Items from Other Libraries
Can't find what you need at the SFU Library? Request it here and we'll find it and bring it in from another library through interlibrary loans.
Select an interlibrary loan request form:
- Document Delivery / Interlibrary Loans service is free of charge for SFU faculty, staff and students.
- Articles usually arrive in 1-3 days. Books usually arrive between 4-8 days. Items coming from outside Canada may take up to 14 days or longer to arrive.
- You will receive an email notification when your item arrives, or if your request could not be filled.
- Books are picked up from whichever SFU campus library you designated as your pick-up location. Articles are delivered to you via email.
You may request items which the SFU Library already owns if:
- the item is out on loan to another person and you need the item somewhat urgently
- if there are multiple holds or requests on the item
- if the item is missing from the collection.
- For more information, see Guide to Document Delivery Services / Interlibrary Loan.
Interlibrary loan requests which exceed the Fair Dealing provisions of the Copyright Act will be cancelled.