Where are the printers?
W.A.C. Bennett Library at SFU Burnaby
- Printers using the new printing account system Papercut:
- 3rd floor east
- 4th, 5th and 6th floors
- Research Commons
- to use these send print jobs to new-lab-mono (default printer) or new-lab-colour
Belzberg Library at SFU Vancouver
The printer is located in the study carrel nearest the entrance. You may also choose to print to the computing lab in room 1300.
Fraser Library at SFU Surrey
- 2 printers are located in the Print/Scan/Copy Room, 3625: one black & white; one colour.
- Other printers on campus:
- Black & white printer located in the Firemen's lab (room 2300) - near the Security desk in the mezzanine.
- Colour printers are in rooms 3365 and 3064.
What is happening to the old Printer Cards?
They have been replaced by the new Printing accounts. Existing cards can no longer be used.
How do I pay for printing?
How much does printing cost?
For a detailed list of SFU Library's print/copy pricing, see How much does it cost to print or make copies at the SFU Library?
Can I use the same Printing Account at all SFU libraries?
Yes. You can also use the same Printing account in all SFU libraries and IT Services labs.
Can I print or copy special document sizes and types e.g. colour copies, double-sided printing, oversize pages?
Can I use my own paper?
No. If you need to use your own paper for special purposes, go to CopyRite located in the SFSS Copy Centre (MBC 2260) or try one of the many local photocopy shops downtown.
How long will my print job stay in the printer?
After you send something to the printer from a library workstation, your print job stays in the printer queue for one hour.
If you do not complete or print off your print job within this one hour limit, you will have to re-send your document to the printer.
I'm having trouble printing the results of my searches.
Once you've selected the citations or articles you wish to print, use the database's Print command.
Use your Login ID to retrieve from the printers on the 3rd floor or any printer on the 4th, 5th or 6th floor of Bennett Library. The Library's Colour Printer is located on the 3rd floor of Bennett Library.
If you are still having problems, please ask for assistance at the 3rd floor Service Desk.
Sometimes when I try to print something too many pages get charged to my printing card, some pages are printed blank, some are just not printed at all.
Errors are occurring when trying to print a PDF or PPT (PowerPoint) file from WITHIN the web browser (Internet Explorer or Firefox). This is a common problem when you are printing out material such as lecture notes and slides from within Canvas or printing full-text articles within research databases such as PsycInfo or ERIC (EBSCO interfaces). Technicians suggest the following solution:
- Go "Back" to the original page with the LINK to the file that you want to open and print.
- Right-click on the link, and then choose "Save Target As..."
- A new window will open giving the choice of where to save the file. (Technicians recommend choosing the "Desktop" as the article will be easier to find).
- Once the file is saved on the desktop, double-click on the file, and it SHOULD open in its NATIVE program (PDF will open in Adobe Reader, PPT will open in PowerPoint).
- Choose the print option within this program, and the print job should come out without errors.
Sometimes in article indexes and databases, the link still forces you to open the file within a browser. Try choosing to save the article using the Adobe Reader menu buttons, and continue the above process.
Contact a Technician at the 3rd floor Service Desk if you continue to experience printing problems
When I try to print PDF document, the printer outputs blank pages.
When looking at the .pdf document in Adobe Acrobat Reader, click on the print option or the printer icon.
From within the printing options box, try changing the "Page Scaling" box so that it reads "None".
Ensure that the "Auto-Rotate and Center" option is NOT checked.
Try printing again.