- Editorial board for the Journal of Library Administration resigns due to restrictive licensing policy
- Cultural Anthropology journal to go Open Access next year
- Over one million articles available in DOAJ
- Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR)
- SFU Copyright Officer announced / SFU Copyright website launched
SFU Library's Scholarly Publishing Services
Funding for Open Access Publishing
Through our Central Open Access Fund, the Library covers Article Processing Charges for unfunded authors who publish in Open Access journals.
Funding for Digitization
SFU Library's Digitization Fund covers costs associated with scanning, digitizing, and creating descriptive information of SFU scholarly materials.
SUMMIT - SFU Library's Institutional Repository
An openly accessible database containing the scholarly output of SFU's authors. SUMMIT is used to communicate the results of faculty and graduate research back to the community, or comply with funder requirements such as those from CIHR, Genome Canada, and others.