1) Concern: Many of the Mac computers on the main floor (3rd) of the Bennett library don't work. Some have keyboards that are broken and others won't let the user log in. This isn't just one or two computers, it's more like seven or eight. Perhaps some sort of feedback system could be arranged for library users to report "broken" computers.
2) Request: Could python3 be installed on the Mac machines? Python2 is already installed, however, some of the syntax is different and I'm far more comfortable writing in python3.
Reply: Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Although the Library Technicians strive to provide exemplary service, unfortunately the Mac machines fall out of our jurisdiction. IT services looks after the Mac machines on the main (3rd) floor. I have passed on your request to them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Regarding your comment about some sort of feedback system. Currently, available feedback systems we have in place are:
- This feedback link - Feedback Suggestions
- The mail list - email@example.com
- The technician's desk located behind the circularly enclosed glass area
- The front desk staff within that area
- The operations helpline at 778-782-4706.
If you have a suggestion for another feedback system not in the above list, please let me know and I will consider it as I am always looking for ways to improve service to our clientele.
Neal Baldwin, Manager, Library Computer Operations