Welcome to the SFU Library!
The library has many books, journal articles, DVDs and more in online and print format. You are welcome to make use of them.
Non-credit students are entitled to a library card for the duration of the non-credit course in which they are registered. With proof of non-credit course registration, cards can be obtained at no charge from the Circulation/Loans Desk at the Bennett Library (SFU Burnaby), the Belzberg Library (SFU Vancouver), or the Fraser Library (SFU Surrey). All borrowing is subject to the SFU Library's Loan Policy and as described by Borrowing Library materials.
- Borrow materials from all three libraries, under the same loan periods as undergraduates, with the exception of some materials belonging to specialized collections.
- Access online library materials such as ebooks, ejournals, and databases in the library or from off-campus access for the duration of the non-credit course in which they are registered.
- For online access to resources, you will need to enter your SFU Library barcode. For more information, see Can I use databases and/or the electric journals outside of the library?
- Use research assistance, materials, and individual study space at all three libraries.
- Access the Internet, and email from the computers at all three libraries
- Request books that are out on loan to other users
- Request items to be transferred from one campus to another, with the exception of materials belonging to specialized collections
- Request up to three journal article photocopies per day to be transferred from Bennett to Belzberg or Fraser and vice versa (articles will be provided at a cost of $3.00 each)
- Access any items on reserve for the course.
- Request materials from other non-SFU libraries via Interlibrary Loan services
- Use services offered by SFU's Student Learning Commons
- Access SFU's wireless network
- Book group study rooms.
Questions? Please ask a librarian.