Visual analytics (VA) combines interactive data visualization and analytical reasoning to enable richer insights into many types of data.
VA consultations (typically 30 - 60 minutes) are available to provide in-depth assistance to researchers from any discipline. A consultation can be focused on topics such as the following:
- introducing exploratory data analysis using interactive visualization
- determining what kinds of additional data might be useful
- technical issues
- integrating different types of data
- answering questions specific to your project
- demonstrating features and techniques of common visualization methods and tools.
Consultations are facilitated by a member of the Vancouver Institute of Visual Analytics, a part of the SFU KEY Big Data Initiative. Facilitators may be either a faculty member or a Graduate Peer VA Facilitator, depending on the focus of the consultation.
To book a consultation, please fill out this form.