Liaison Librarians are subject specialists that work closely with SFU departments, providing personalized assistance to graduate students. Think of your Liaison Librarian as your guide to all the information and services the SFU Library has to offer.
- Develop print and electronic collections for their subject areas
- Provide one-to-one and group consultations on finding and using information
- Provide interdisciplinary research support
- Provide information on scholarly publishing and guidance on retaining rights as an author
- Provide assistance with referencing and citation management
- Provide information about library resources, services and policies.
Research through the Library
Here are some of the ways your Liaison Librarian can support you in your research:
- Advise on strategies for conducting a literature review on your research topic
- Recommend the best information resources to meet your needs including indexes and databases
- Advise you on conducting systematic searches
- Help you navigate online databases - and point out unique features of each
- Help you set up current awareness / alert services
- Help you locate hard to find resources
- Inform you about new developments in scholarly publishing and open access
- Inform you of your rights as an author
- Assist you with referencing and citation management.